You shave those pesky hairs off, and they regrow, regrow, and simply keep doing it! So why do you keep going through the same routine day after day, week after week? Do you know that waxing is a much better alternative over shaving? Some of you do, but most likely not all. Perhaps, the latter may argue professing the utility of conventional shaving, but as you read on, your argument may simply fizzle out! We are one of the leading waxing salons in Los Angeles, and we bring more to the objective of this blog, and that’s giving you 7 skin benefits to waxing!
Okay, we’ll exhibit some transparency here, and admit that waxing, for the first time, could leave you disgruntled, vowing not to deal with it ever again. But, remember, the light tingling only lingers for a short time, and later, all you experience is irresistibly smooth skin that we promise will cement your relationship with waxing.
1. Prevent Regrowth and Finer Hair: Shaving can, at times, cause pores on the shaved skin to grow out of proportion. While this alone can be irritating, the increased thickness of the stubble in those areas only adds to this irritation. Waxing, on the other hand, can make hair finer as it grows in and in some cases and in some areas, can prevent re-growth entirely.
2. Long-Lasting Solution: While shaving still leaves behind some stubble (no matter how close the shave may be), waxing completely uproots the hair entirely. Waxing can also last for as long as 8 weeks (although typically between 3 and 8 weeks) before you start to see the hair regrow.
3. Safe and Sound – No Cuts and Bruises: As waxing is done with safe hypo-allergenic wax, it doesn’t cause any cuts, bruises, or burns. Even when these things are temporary, they can be annoying to have to deal with. And who wants those visible wounds or a potential infection? Not us!
4. Efficient and Quick: Waxing is a fast and safe alternative for hair removal. For example, a full Brazilian Bikini Wax might only take the technician a total of 15 minutes from start to finish. Your skin will feel smooth, soft, and fresh for weeks to come in less time than it takes to drink a cup of coffee!
5. Improved Skin Texture: In addition to removing unwanted hair, waxing also removes the top layer of dry, dead skin cells. The result is skin that is far smoother and even – something that cannot even be achieved with hair removal creams or shaving. Some even contain aloe or butter in order to moisturize the skin and further improve its tone and texture.
6. No Scars – Just Smoothness and Happiness: Waxing doesn’t leave any scars, as shaving may when done against existing cuts or when the act itself produces cuts.
7. Less Chance of Ingrown Hairs: It’s important to use the correct waxing technique to avoid ingrown hairs. Ingrown hairs are hair that grows back into the skin, causing red bumps. Your wax technician will know how to properly execute the correct pull, which has to be quick and the skin held taut. After procedure exfoliation and moisturizing will also further decrease the chance of ingrown hair from waxing.
In addition to these amazing waxing benefits, waxing can also cause hair to regrow at a much slower rate. The length of time of regrowth can vary, but as you repeat a waxing procedure consistently, hair can eventually even take longer to grow back.
For more information about body and facial waxing, how it is done, and how it can benefit you, please contact The Wax Shop today.