If you’re asking yourself this question, we can assure you that you’re not the only one. A Brazilian bikini wax differs from a regular bikini wax because during a Brazilian, the hair is removed from the front, back and everything in between. We usually recommend bikini waxing newbies to try out the regular bikini wax first. This service is generally less painful than its counterpart. Getting your toes wet, so to speak, can also help to increase your comfort level during the appointment. Many clients express how much more convenient waxing is vs. shaving, as the hair grows back slower, comes in softer, and lasts longer. If you’re nervous before your first appointment, don’t be! We are here to provide you with as much information on what you can expect so if you have any questions, please contact us.
Brazilian Bikini Waxing – Every bit of hair is removed during a Brazilian wax: hair on the front, back, sides, and everything in-between. Some women prefer to leave a landing strip, the name of the thin strip of hair on top, and others choose to keep a small v on the top. If you want to leave a little hair in front, and forgo going completely bare, let your esthetician know in advance.
Regular Bikini Waxing – Like the name implies, the standard bikini wax is geared to women who are looking for a cleanup outside the lines of the bathing suit or underwear line. Depending on your preferences, sometimes a little hair is taken off the top and a little bit further in on the sides.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- Most women will say that getting waxed hurts. We don’t disagree, but we are known first and foremost for delivering a nearly painless waxing experience! Check out our reviews on Yelp and Google!
- A big mistake many women make before getting their first wax is shaving. For optimal results, it’s best that the hair is at least 1/4″ long.
- Decide on the type of service you would like beforehand. If you want to be completely bare, opt for the Brazilian bikini wax. If you would like to only remove hair from the sides, go for the regular bikini wax.
- Often times, there are hairs left behind. Ask your esthetician about tweezing and voice your opinion on whether you want this done or not.
- Be sure to take a shower before your appointment. You will feel less self-conscious and your esthetician will be appreciative!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AFTER YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- You cannot sun bathe less than 48 hours after your waxing appointment. The skin is sensitive after being waxed and should not be burned.
- Hydrocortisone cream can soothe your skin afterwards. This helps to calm inflammation and reduce redness.
- After a wax, your skin is often red and irritated. For the rest of the day, you should steer clear of applying too much friction so wear loose clothing to your appointment.
- Get waxed regularly every 3-4 weeks. If you wait longer or only get waxed a couple times a year, it will be much more painful.