Generally, nobody cares if you have hair here, it’s absolutely normal. For some women though it can really personally bother. Many women begin to notice hair on their knuckles and toes around puberty, but age-related hormonal changes can cause hair to grow in thicker and darker. While you may think that shaving would be better, think again. Shaving will leave you with unfriendly stubble. Finger and toe waxing will remove them from the root and when they grow back they will be fine and fluffy until they are ready to be waxed again.
Finger Waxing – Still not convinced? Think about this – Our hands are out all the time, from typing on a keyboard to having a drink. They can say a lot about our lifestyles. It’s always a nice feeling after a finger wax, when the moisturizing cream goes on, followed by every ring you own, and finally the nail polish comes out. After your appointment, you won’t be able to stop looking at your hands!
Toe Waxing – You can shave it, but this can be tedious, and hair that has been shaved grows back quickly, and it often begins to itch after it has been growing for a day or two. Waxing is not permanent, but it removes the hair by its root, and significant regrowth does not occur for four to six weeks, although some people may see regrowth sooner.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- Do not remove any hair from your arm for at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. For optimal results, it’s best that the hair is at least 1/4″ long.
- To avoid ingrowns, exfoliate with a foot scrub and a loofah. We recommend an All-Natural Exfoliating Loofah, which helps to prevent and lift out ingrown hairs to give you a smoother result.
- Moisturize fingers and/or toes the day or night before your waxing appointment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AFTER YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- You cannot sun bathe less than 48 hours after your waxing appointment. The skin is sensitive after being waxed and should not be burned.
- If you have any irritation or concerns contact your nearest salon for help and advice.
- Don’t swim in chlorinated or salt water for 24hrs after being waxed.
- Don’t pick at ingrown hairs as it may cause scarring and infection. Have them professionally removed by our estheticians.