As we age, the oxygen levels in our skin naturally decline, which contributes to the increase in wrinkles and fine lines. Oxygen facials are specialized beauty treatments designed to replenish the levels of oxygen in the skin. This rejuvenating facial treatment also enhances the penetration of hyaluronic acid and antioxidants into the skin, encourages natural collagen production and leaves the skin looking younger and brighter.
The machine that is used during an oxygen facial was originally introduced in 2002 in Australia. The system has since been reconfigured to the one that is used today, which utilizes pressurized oxygen to deliver a specialized serum to the skin. The procedure provides a bit of pressure on the face, but nothing painful or uncomfortable.
There are 4 types of treatments offered in an oxygen facial. Each of the four possible treatments depends on the skin’s needs. The ingredients within each treatment serum vary from one to the next, ranging from different blends of hyaluronic acid and botanical extracts to antioxidants, peptides and vitamins.
- Rejuvenate: This treatment is for those who need a bit of moisturizing. It is for the person who wants to diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Opulence: This treatment is for those who have uneven skin tone and pigmentation. It is also beneficial to those who wish to brighten up their skin.
- Clarity: This treatment is for those who lack moisture in their skin. The treatment works to balance moisture out and aids in helping to prevent future breakouts.
- Atoxelene: This treatment is an alternative to a Botox treatment. This helps to soften up expression lines, as well as to firm them up. It also helps to contour the eyes, plump the lips and smooth out wrinkles and lines.
The benefits of oxygen facials are said to range from thorough pore cleansing to lightened pigmentation. Oxygen is suggested to strengthen skin’s elasticity and help eliminate acne-causing bacteria, as well as reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and shrink pore size.
Additional benefits of oxygen facials include:
- Promotes collagen production, which helps plump facial features and restore volume and firmness to skin that has lost elasticity.
- Helps reverse the effects of environmental pollutants and rejuvenates oxygen-starved skin.
- May help the skin create new cells at a faster pace, thus helping speed the healing of facial scars, acne and blemishes.
- No side effects like stinging, burning or redness.
- Process is quite gentle, making this facial suitable for individuals with sensitive skin.
Disclaimer: As always, this information is provided to you for educational and/or informational purposes only, and should not be construed as an endorsement of any particular product, treatment, or procedure. This information is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnoses, or treatment by a doctor or other qualified health care professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about any procedure or treatment, users should always consult their doctor or other qualified health care professional. All facial services are individualized. Our video is just a general demonstration, but may not be followed exactly on a particular patron.