Underarm waxing is the answer to all of your summertime prayers. You really only have to have your armpits waxed once to become a total believer. Not only are your armpits left totally smooth and hair-free for up to four weeks, you can say a permanent goodbye to the skin irritation, nicks and painful ingrown hairs that often come with shaving such a delicate area.
Underarm Waxing – You can expect to have your underarms wiped down and dried before the wax is smoothed on in small sections. Once the wax has set, the skin will be pulled tight and the wax will be pulled away against the direction that the hair grows. Because underarm hair often grows in several directions, it may take a few passes to get the area completely clean.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- Do not remove any hair from your underarm for at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. For optimal results, it’s best that the hair is at least 1/4″ long.
- Exfoliate your underarms before your appointment. We recommend an All-Natural Exfoliating Loofah, which helps to prevent and lift out ingrown hairs to give you a smoother result.
- If you have recently been sunburnt within the last 24 hours, please wait for the sunburn to heal. We cannot wax anyone who is burnt or who has been in a sun bed less than 24 hours prior to the appointment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AFTER YOUR WAXING APPOINTMENT:
- You cannot sun bathe less than 48 hours after your waxing appointment. The skin is sensitive after being waxed and should not be burned.
- Redness is completely normal! Any redness will subside after a couple of days.
- The benefit of waxing lies in the fact that hair grows in less and softer than before. Do not shave in between waxing appointments. When you shave after a wax, the hair grows in thicker, which makes your next wax more painful.
- Hair grows on a 28 day cycle. The Wax Shop recommends that you make your waxing appointments no more than 4 weeks apart.